theotpodcast
Feel free to share any more general thoughts here or post a new topic if you want to dive into something specific that was talked about.
0 0
Osidiano
I wish you all wouldn't rag on FFN so much. It's really disheartening that even Amara, the lone person who uses it regularly, states that she's not a fan and hates it despite the private messaging features and more indepth stats options. Like, you do this every episode platforms come up, and I don't understand why. If it's not your jam, that's fine (Your Preferred Posting Platform is Not My Preferred Posting Platform, And That's Okay), but why repeated call it a trash fire? Anon hate on Tumblr is just as bad as the bible-thumpers and spam commenting fanfic police on FFN, but you don't always refer to that place as a cesspool. In the MCU fandom tag on AO3, I've seen people gang up on authors and their fics in the comments section before new people have figured out the moderated comment function and accuse people of being "problematic" or racist or supporting RL abuse and other nonsense there. They all have their issues, and some sites are just better suited to different types of people. I know people who really dislike that AO3 threads comments instead of letting you PM a user your reply like on FFN, because long conversations inflate comment counts on fics and people sometimes sort by those instead of by kudos. I know people who despise fics with walls of tags and no summaries, which I often see on AO3 (FFN has a lot of people who still say 'summary sux fic is better plz r&R', but so does AO3; that's just a sign of a new and unconfident writer). 
0 0